Apr 13, 2018

Suzy Cube Update: April 13, 2018

#SuzyCube #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity @NoodlecakeGames 
Sorry, everybody, but this week's update is pretty tiny.

We're having a big party for my wife's birthday tonight and I've been running around gathering supplies and stuff this week. After I draft this, it's back to prep work!

Tell Me Your Secrets

As mentioned last week, I spent most of my time adding more opportunities to use the Invincibility and Magnet power-ups. Unlike the Double Jump and Ground Pound hats, these power-ups only grant Suzy temporary invincibility or ability to draw in nearby coins. Because of this, making good use of these temporary powers requires setting up the right opportunities within levels. It's been a mix of finding existing spots to use them in levels and creating new, often secret, areas to use them. Which brings us to...

I've also been having fun adding extra secrets to some of the levels. Some of these are simply hidden balconies on the back sides of ledges and others are full-on secret rooms! Maybe I should tie some achievements to some of these!?

Ok, that'll do for this week! Sorry, again, for the paltry update but I've got a disaster in the kitchen to clean up and some tables to place and some food to prepare and drinks to chill...

No comments:

Post a Comment