Feb 23, 2018

Suzy Cube Update: February 23, 2018

#SuzyCube #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity @NoodlecakeGames 
This week was mostly spent on decorating the last level in need of decoration! I also did some prep work for GDC, including the creation of some new debug features.


Forest Frolic

Level 5-4 is proving to take longer to decorate than expected. I don't really know why. Maybe it's the fact there's a good amount of square meters to cover because of the three sizable tree climbing sections?

Jumping skill check

I dunno! Point is, I'm about halfway done decorating this bad boy. And when I place that final prop and hit the "Generate Lighting" button, I will be done with level decoration!


Conference Convergence

I also spent some time this week editing and creating new features for this year's GDC debug menu!

So much power!

This year, in addition to giving us quick access to a number of hand picked levels we want to show off (blurred because they haven't been hand picked yet), the menu also sports a nice big "PLAY!" button. Hitting this button will, essentially, simulate a first time player experience by loading up the tutorial scene and leading the player into Level 1-1. This will be perfect for handing the game to new folks curious to give it a try.

Another big addition, for myself and Noodlecake anyway, is the ability to now load any level in the game by name. We can, simply, type the name in the text field and hit the "load" button! As long as we don't make any typos, bam! Level loaded! Honestly, I should have had this feature in the project since the beginning. Live and learn!

Well, that's mostly it. I also addressed a few small bugs, but nothing really noteworthy on that front. So I guess I'll wish everyone a great weekend, and I'll see you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment