Nov 17, 2017

Suzy Cube Update: November 17, 2017

#SuzyCube #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity @NoodlecakeGames 
I spent most of this week setting up support for achievements and leaderboards while setting aside a little time for some work on more Special World levels.

What is Your Greatest Achievement?

So, as I predicted last week, this week was mostly spent working on my end of things to support achievements and best time leaderboards.

That function name says it all...

I'm collaborating with Noodlecake on these features since they've got plug-ins etc. to handle interfacing with the platform specific services. My part in all this is to create an intermediate script which contains simple functions for awarding achievements and updating leaderboards. My functions will then relay that information to Noodlecake's setup, which will, in turn, send the info to the platform specific services like Game Center and Google Play.

Settings up this relay system was, of course, only half the battle. Most of my time was actually spent adding checks throughout the game for awarding achievements and tallying up best time scores to send to the leaderboards.

So far, my end of things seems to be working using debug messages, but I'll have to wait for Noodlecake to finish integrating their work in order to actually send the proper info along to their system, which, if we both do our parts properly, should mean functional achievements and leaderboards!

I'm excited for these features as I had cut them for lack of time and expertise. Working with an experienced publisher like Noodlecake has allowed me to include the features once more.

Level Up!

And when I wasn't figuring out ways to reward players for playing, I was continuing work on Special World levels.

At the top of the post, you can see a screen grab from the latest level to get the conversion treatment. It's a remix of Level 2-2. 

I opted not to bother blurring the screenshot because I haven't actually made any changes to the original level yet, so there's nothing to spoil. What I did do was create an alternate "toxic green" version of the level's original lava theme. It should be wrapped up by next week.

Feel that night air...

Speaking of wrapping up, Level S-4 is all done and ready to challenge veteran players! I particularly like the end of the level... Ooh, ya!

And that's it for this week. Check in next week for an update on our progress with leaderboards and achievement and your weekly dose of blurry Special World screenshots.


1 comment:

  1. i am so excited for this game. i am following it since Touch Arcade showed it on their channel during GDC 2016. It is amazing to see how much the game has improved. I can't wait to get my hands-on this game.

    ReplyDelete