Oct 20, 2017

Suzy Cube Update: October 20, 2017

#SuzyCube #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity 
Last week in Canada, so this update's gonna be pretty short, but I did squeeze tiny bits of work in here and there.

Crushing It!

One such bit of work was actually prompted by a friend from Breakfall. I was over at their HQ, taking up space and totally disrupting their work day, when their sound guy/level designer, Mike, pointed out that these two crushers on Level 4-3 should really be timed differently. Even though I had to try and figure out some obtuse setup from over a year ago, I knew Mike was right. So, I bit the bullet and made the change.

Kablam!

It made much more sense to swap the timing.

Talking Head

I also had the opportunity to talk about the game at a meetup hosted by local Ottawa dev group, The Dirty Rectangles.

Hey! It's that guy!

I, essentially gave a compressed talk on four of my Lessons from Suzy Cube articles. I touched on things like controls, the camera and the particularities of Level 1-1. I think it went well. Most importantly, I got to touch base with a number of folks I only get to see on Twitter these days.

Like I said, short update. Mostly wanted to make sure everyone knew I was still alive. I should be back to work as usual by next Friday's update. See you all then!

No comments:

Post a Comment