Jul 21, 2017

Suzy Cube Update: July 21, 2017

#SuzyCube #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity 
Things be gettin' crazy up in this joint! I was not expecting my week to be as disrupted as it was. I hope you guys like non-announcements and blurry secret screenshots!

Look Ma! I'm on TV!

First, I should address the photo up top. Yes, after finally getting a USB-C cable, I was able to get Suzy Cube running on my AppleTV. As clear as I think I've made it with the caption on the photo, though: This is NOT an announcement that Suzy Cube is coming to the AppleTV!!! It's not that it isn't either, it's a nothing announcement. Ok!?

I've wanted to try the game out on Apple's set-top device for a while now and finally getting my hands on the right cable made it much easier to do so. Unfortunately, I've not put any work into adapting the inputs for the Siri Remote, so I was only able to play the game using a gamepad. That being said, the game runs really well on the AppleTV and plays like a dream with a gamepad.

This was, actually, a morning of two firsts! 1. I played Suzy Cube on my AppleTV for the first time and 2. I played through the entire game, from start to finish, including the Special Levels!

That's So Special!

As promised last week, I finished up the design of the two remaining Special Levels, Level 4-S and Level 5-S.

Three sections, eh!?

Level 4-S will test Suzy's running around abilities... Perhaps involving some sort of chase... of some sort.

Someone hand me my glasses...

While level 5-S, on the other hand, is more of a maze... Intrigued!? 

Between internet outages, continuing to take care of the newly arrived Canadians and things more or less imploding around us, I've not got much more to report this week.

I'm going to be spending a couple weeks outside the country in case political tensions boil over. Given the fact I'm not sure what kind of workspace I can expect where I'll be staying, I'm not going to make any promises for next week's update. 

While I'm on the subject, If anyone knows of game developer and/or board gaming meetup groups in Miami, let me know in the comments or on Twitter. I would love to take advantage of being in the States to meet some cool gaming folks!

So, I'll see you all next week to either catch you up on Suzy progress or tell you all the cool stuff I've been doing in America's Wang!




No comments:

Post a Comment