May 17, 2017

Come play Babo this weekend!


Before striking out on my own, I worked for an Ottawa studio called Playbrains and our first big game was Madballs in Babo:Invasion.
MiBI, as we affectionately referred to it, was a sequel to Babo Violent 2 from industry wiz-kid (well, more of a wiz-man now), Daivuk. It's a top-down shooter starring angry looking spheres wielding a variety of crazy weapons and it's currently on sale for 75% off for Xbox 360 and Xbox One as part of Microsoft's big Backward Compatibility sale!

The game's got a really fun campaign which can be played online with friends as well as a bevy of awesome competitive multiplayer modes.

The multiplayer is really where the game shines. It's so easy to pick up and play and matches can get super crazy, especially on some of the smaller maps. The game's different characters, each with their own attributes and special abilities really mix things up too, kinda like modern Hero-Shooters before we knew what to call 'em.

I was the character and weapons modeling, animations and effects lead on the project so there's a lot of me in there. That's the gratifying thing about working in a small team, you get to have a real, tangible impact on a project.

So, what are you waiting for? Pop on over to the store page and grab yourself a copy and join me this weekend for some blastastic fun! I, likely, won't be hosting matches because of my awful internet service but I will be checking in and joining matches in progress. Let's make this an awesome Babo weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment