Feb 12, 2016

Suzy Cube Update: Friday February 12, 2016

#suzycube #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity

If you want a good read this week, check out my latest Lessons from Suzy Cube post including first ever public video footage of the game!
This week's update will, otherwise, be pretty slim, as predicted.

Short Week, Short Update


So, as I mentioned in last week's update, this week was Carnaval here in Venezuela, meaning Monday and Tuesday off. Since it was going to be a short week anyway, I decided to go ahead and finally write up a Lessons post on level design. The post runs through the design of Level 1-4 pretty much section by section and also includes a video of the level being played from start to finish!! OOH, video!

The post is chock full of screenshots too, so it took longer than usual to put together. I also spent way too long messing around trying to get the (extremely simple) video captured and exported the way I wanted. One of my main problems involved trying to get audio out of my Mac while recording the footage using QuickTime. Ultimately, I simply connected the computer's audio out plug to my Zoom microphone's Line-In plug and smooshed the video and audio back together in iMovie. If I plan to do a lot more videos, I should really look into a better process.

I've also been taxing my feeble internet connection mercilessly this week. Combine trying to update Xcode with uploading screenshots and video for the blog post and you get really spotty internet! Spotty enough that, as usual, actually getting the Xcode download to complete took a few tries.

But I've got the latest version of Xcode now and a brand new distribution provisioning profile ready to go so I can try getting Suzy Cube up onto TestFlight which will make distributing builds to a wider range of testers much MUCH easier!

Well, that's it for this update. Once again, I invite you all to go check out my latest Lessons from Suzy Cube blog post all about level design. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment