Jun 20, 2013

Dirty Rectangles Talk Went Swimmingly!


A shot of me, mid lecture at last night's Dirty Rectangles meet up as captured by local tech-o-phile Jason Cobill.

The whole thing went really well! Great response from the audience, no technical hiccups and I kept it at just under an hour. The turn out was also quite good! I know a few people came specifically because of an interest in board games, but as a colleague pointed out, the fact this was the first meet up following last month's Ottawa International Game Conference (with which the Dirty Rectangles were involved) probably helped to bolster the numbers with new attendees.

I didn't really know what to expect from the meet up, but it was actually super cool. After my talk they opened it up to everyone else to come show off games they are working on. A great way for local talent to get feedback from other developers or to just get their work known. I do believe I'll be attending again!

No comments:

Post a Comment